January 17-21 Academic Updates We will: Do lots of subtraction! Use 10s to subtract Relate counting to addition and subtraction Read and write long i patterns (sight, bike, kite, fight, etc.) Practice making inferences More editing Write about penguins Learn about perseverance Masks Students having been going through a lot of masks lately. I think they’re easier to misplace since there are so many other things to keep track of this time of year. If possible, please be sure your child has extras in his or her backpack. Conferences Our next round of conferences will be on January 27th. If you have not received an email from me requesting a conference I do not feel that one is needed for your child at this time. If you would like to discuss your child’s progress I am happy to do so. Please email me and we will set it up! Valentine’s Day Valentine’s Day in 1st grade is very low-key, but we do celebrate! We make our Valentines in class, so please DO NOT ha...
Comments
Post a Comment